Everything for the weaver, spinner, knitter, felter and dyer...

Everything for the weaver, spinner, knitter, felter and dyer...
PurpleFleece.com

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Floozies learn to crochet!

On the third Wednesday of each month, the Fiber Floozies get together to work on projects, learn new techniques, and support each other in the trials and travails of life. We've been meeting now for about 5 or 6 years. All are welcome and members come and go but there is a core group of people who are the backbone of the Fiber Floozies. Among our group are knitters, weavers, spinners, crocheters, quilters, rug hookers, and felters.


Last evening, we had a presentation by Colleen O'Donnell on crocheted granny squares. Some of us had crocheted before and others had never touched a crochet hook. I brought an afghan that I had made almost 40 years ago for show and tell.

Here are some photos of us learning the technique and my finished square. I can't wait to try out my new mug rug!

Cindy and Karen work on their squares with help from Colleen behind the scenes.

Betty and Gay learning to crochet.

Cindy and Lin perfect their technique.

My finished mug rug.

1 comment: