Everything for the weaver, spinner, knitter, felter and dyer...

Everything for the weaver, spinner, knitter, felter and dyer...
PurpleFleece.com

Sunday, June 24, 2012

UFO's in my studio....

Now before you think I've gone off the deep end, consider that UFO means UnFinished Object in craft parlance. Ah, I can see the light go on. Which one of us doesn't have UFO's in our lives? I know lots of people that are excellent at starting projects and fewer that are as good at finishing them. Every now and then I get a project finished and I want a high five, standing ovation, gold star. You get the idea.

Yesterday was a day of finishing. I finished spinning some of my superwash merino "Singing the Blues" fiber that I'd started back in February.
Then I finished knitting a sample of a handpainted silk hankie in the colorway "Caribbean Holiday". One ounce of these hankies will make the lightest, softest scarf you've ever had the privilege of wearing.
And still not satisfied with my achievements, I finished measuring a cotton warp for approximately a dozen sets of hand towels.
Now some would say that the yarn is not yet plied, and the sample silk hankie is not an entire scarf, and the hand towel warp is still unwoven. That would be splitting hairs, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment